We currently have a vacany for:
We save lives. Headquartered in Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire, UK, Marine Rescue Technologies (MRT) designs, develops and distributes a range of electronic marine safety products, which protect and save lives.
The company is in an exciting growth phase launching new products and initiatives to further expand market presence globally. We are now seeking a Software/Electronics Engineer to help deliver the next generation of products to drive this growth.
As a key member of the R&D team, you will help to improve existing products and deliver innovative solutions to the marine safety industry. When you join MRT you will become part of an organisation that expects its team members to play a substantial role in the company’s success, and MRT is committed to rewarding that success.
As part of the R&D team, the Software/Electronics Engineer will be accountable for but not limited to:
- Working with our R&D team to deliver software and hardware solutions in a timely manner.
- Driving the automation of software driven processes.
- Preparation and review of design documentation.
- Product design specification and schematic capture.
- Development and testing of product prototypes and proof of concepts.
- Assisting the R&D manager in establishing development schedules and resource requirements.
- Specification of product timelines, assembly and production test procedures.
- Product compliance to international technical and environmental standards.
- Assisting the support and engineering team with field-testing of new products.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. software, RF, engineering). Software with electronic engineering is preferred.
- Experience in embedded C/C++ and Microcontrollers.
- Experience of MATLAB and Simulink.
- Experience of engineering RF products.
- Knowledge of PCB design and layout.
- Positive and proactive problem-solving approach.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage technical risks and opportunities.
- Customer centric focus – the ability to put yourself in the customer’sshoes and translate that back to product and commercial outcomes.
- A positive disposition and can-do attitude.
Skills and qualifications desired but not essential
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com environment and APEX.
- Knowledge of and experience working with products servicing the marine environment.
Experience with Silicon Labs SoC’s
Salary- £25,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
The role is based at our head office in Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire, UK and the working hours are 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
Some international travel may be required.
To apply please forward your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
MRT is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an innovative working environment for all employees. All applications will be handled in strict confidence.
We’re always on the lookout for new talent and welcome speculative job enquiries. If you think you have what it takes to be part of the Marine Rescue Technologies team, please email your CV and a cover letter – Word or PDF please – to firstname.lastname@example.org.